Saturday, January 23, 2010

Naw, openSuse is the One (Gnome, even)


Kubuntu has been working fine, but I have began to notice enough little annoyances to make me wonder if the whole free software thing was a dead end.

After reading this review of openSuse 11.2 Gnome I decided that perhaps I've been too infatuated with all this KDE4 stuff.  After all, Novell offers a business desktop that's a gnome desktop, so perhaps there's something in openSuse that I have overlooked.

So here I am on a nice, stable install of openSuse 11.2 using Gnome.  If you have been hopping from distro to distro looking for something that enables you to just get things done, perhaps this is it.  Banshee simply makes Amarok look ridiculous as a music player.  YAST, the openSuse control panel, seems quicker than in KDE4.

No comments: